Thursday 28 October 2010

Trading versus "Real work"


Horse Racing: £71.95  Total P&L:  £71.95
So I've managed to get myself a "real" job. I've had a training week this week for it, which has really eaten up my "trading time". However the days have only been from 10am till 2pm (the goodside), the downside to this is i don't get home till 3pm as its a bit of a drive. Amazingly though my profits for this week are a bit mad......I had £0 in my Betfair account as i had withdrawn my previous bank, as i needed the money to tie me over. So Sunday night i decided to put £30 in, so that when i got home from work i could trade on a few horse's and "unwind". 

So basically this week i have managed to trade Monday (3pm-4pm), Tuesday (4pm-4:30pm), Wednesday (3pm-3:45pm) and today (3:20pm -16:40pm). So not a crazy amount of hours, just a total of 215mins if you add it up! While this week i have worked 16hours (960mins). So I've worked 4.4 times the amount i have traded. Here's what I've made from each:

Trading: £175
Job: £103 (minus taxes and the rest!!) So around the £77 pound mark

So to recap!

215minutes of trading has = + £175 

and

960minutes of slave labour has = + £77 (minus the tax)


Need i say more......

I've found it crazy this week as I've been clock watching at work, in order to get home and do some trading. After looking at the figures of it I'm pretty astonished that I've only made £77 working versus the £175 trading. The thing that shocks me the most is the amount of time i have spent on each and the difference in the payout.

Trading this week for me has averaged out at approximately £50 per hour, whereas working has equaled out to £6.43 per hour (or £4.81 minus tax).

Crazy times!
If i could ensure that profit every week on trading its a no brainer.
Mucho love hope everyones well. 
Hope some people are reading this and that my A-level Maths hasn't gone to waste! Feel free to correct me on my sums! 

2 comments:

  1. http://green-all-over.blogspot.com/2009/07/ashe-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link mate, great post.
    I'm a lover of the stats to, they help me make decisions daily!
    Keep up the great blog!

    ReplyDelete