Wednesday 23 March 2011

Cornetto anyone?

Grand day today, no hiccups!
Traded up until 3:30, was happy enough with my profit so decided to stop for the day. Went off to the gym then to have a chill out. Haven't been able to go recently as i pulled my tricep, but thankfully I'm all fit and well now!

Just noticed today that Betfair have Live Video now for the RacingUk tracks? Since when did they pull that one out of the bag!? It's great for me as i only could trade in-running on the ATR courses and this is where i make most of my profit.
I've started using the tick offset feature on The Geeks Toy now, which you can find by right clicking on Stakes and tools. I use it before the race scalping the market. Its a great feature when you're using large amounts to scalp with a small bank, for instance today i had a bank of £70 to start the day, so when I'm scalping i can't place numerous orders around the market so I'm ahead of the queue, but with this tick offset feature it automatically puts a lay bet in (or back bet depending on which you put in first) when i start getting matched. Its a nifty feature and I'm just starting to get to grips with it. HOWEVER! As i also trade in-running i have to make sure i turn it off before the race starts, because i like to swing trade in-running. Today i was a jackass (to put it bluntly) and forgot to turn the tick offset off before the race began. Needless to say i didn't know what was going on and panicked! Came out with a small profit from the race so no harm done! But lesson most definitely learned!

Off to make some chicken drumsticks now and some salad yummm yummm! Then a bit of Fifa later to cool down!

Trade safe

Kie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kieran

    Well done on your results today also well done on managing to escape with a small profit from the error.

    I find that it can be the small things that can trip us up in a bad way, especially when the money is down and time is of the essence.

    thanks for highlighting the potential pitfall. I use bet angel mainly because I always have and do not want to learn a new bunch of software. I must admit though that is pure laziness really and the geeks toy does look like a wonderful tool.

    Keep up the good work.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark

    Good to hear from you. Cheers!

    I started off 2 years ago using bet angel basic, also had the trial with the pro version, loved the software, but i just didn't want to pay out for it when i knew i would be losing most days learning or very little in profit.
    Then i found the geeks toy, it was love at first sight haha.

    Loving what your doing with the portfolio. Will be interesting to see how it goes, especially with the free tipsters. There's so many out there who are basically punters trying to fob people off to feed their punting.
    The Wayward lad's blog gives some great tips.
    I love to get every angle if i can helps with the trading!

    Speak soon
    Kie

    ReplyDelete