Wednesday 2 March 2011

Flying blogging

Hola all,


Haven't been able to trade much of the past few days, as I had to fly back home to complete my aviation medical. So have spent most of the time getting poked and prodded! But its all necessary!
However, when I was home I managed to trade both the Stoke v's WBA game and the Chelsea v's Man Utd game. I had, had a trial with tradingfootball.eu but sadly that ran out 2 days before the Stoke game. I'd recommend the site to a lot of people, but personally it wasn't my cup of tea. I felt the lads that were doing the trades and TOTD (trade of the day) were top notch, they knew exactly how to minimise losses when they came and how to maximise profits, all in order to protect your bank. Which is key!! The reason that I won't be joining their service is just a personal reason really, I just prefer coming up with my own trading strategy and I felt that when I was in their chat room there were quite a few headless chickens that didn't know the difference between a back button and a lay button and they were just following the the main traders orders and not even thinking about why they were actually covering a certain score etc. I feel that if you want to learn to swim, you have to jump in the pool by yourself. I'm not saying whack £500 in your account and go wild. What I did was just start off using the minimum stakes even lowering the minimum £2 bet by using the geeks toy (thank you Mr Geek!!) And then eventually when you become more confident up your stakes accordingly.


Anywho says you! I managed to make a profit of £22 in the two games, £14 in the Stoke game and £8 in the Chelsea game.
I'm only a beginner when it comes to trading football but I enjoyed researching previous stats before the game and then making my trading strategy to suit each game. I tend to select a few correct scores which I feel are a strong possibility and then cover myself by backing either under/over 2.5 goals, or whichever goal market I feel provides good cover. So its a learning process but its all good banter!

Anywho I wrote this blog on the plane using my blackberry (in flight mode don't panic I didn't cause a crash!) Got this app called Evernote amazing piece of kit. Let's me transfer a word doc/image whatever you want really directly from your phone to your account online so you can download it straight to your desktop.
Will hopefully try and get another video of trading in-running up at some point in the near future, will try get the mic to work this time so I can talk through what I'm doing (bad/good).

PS looking into getting a new laptop with a good graphics card and around 4GB of mem. Thinking about a Dell Xps 15 at the moment but would appreciate any ideas?

Cheerios and milk
X

No comments:

Post a Comment