Sunday 15 August 2010

Horses, Football and blooming tennis! (and a side of Golf)

Today's trading was good, apart from a loss on the Tennis market (Murray Vs Federer). I had worked out my strategy to back the server, as both players had around a 88% success rate of holding their serves. Oh this went wrong! Backed Federer at the start at around 3.4 for £8. I was looking to trade out at around the 2.8 mark with a tidy profit but Federer went and lost his first game to enthusiastic Murray. I traded out at the end of Federer's game because i felt that on the form Murray started at there was no way he was going to lose his game, which he held comfortably. I managed to scrape back some of my loss, the game was stopped for around an hour due to rain, so i chose to stop and take my loss then. I knew i wasn't in the right mindset so i chose to take my loss, as some singer said "On to the next one!"

Had a good day on the horses profiting from 5 of the 7 i traded and managed to make or lose nothing in the other two. I'll take them all day! I made sure i stuck to all the rules i have learnt from starting to trade and by doing so this put me in good stead. I also managed to up the stakes when i felt i could, I'm confident now in using bigger stakes and if i get into any trouble i make sure i get out asap!

Traded on the Arsenal/Liverpool match. First off i layed the draw as all of there matches in my recent memory have all had goals in, i also checked out there head to head stats using this site > http://livescore.football-data.co.uk/ I have a few other websites which i also check, i will make a link on the right with some more useful ones. I traded on the correct score market making quite a decent profit and i also traded on the under/over 2.5 goals market. I'm starting to get the hang of it all now with all the different markets. It got to half time 0-0 and i was tempted to cut my losses but i was sure that either team would score second half especially after Joe Cole seeing red! However in the future i will have to take into account the 10 mans team's defence, as Liverpool looked solid and somehow Ngog banged one in so i managed to trade out with a small profit but was happy to take this as i knew Arsenal would buck up their ideas. (I'm a Arsenal fan having been born 20mins from the ground and I'm sure I'm not the only Arsenal fan saying this right now, but please god Wenger sign a keeper! Almunia makes me nervous. Shay Given perhaps!!!?)
So even though i didn't manage to make a big profit on the lay the draw method i did manage to make a small profit on the other markets. I'm certainly looking forward to the premiership this year :D. Am going to be trading on the Man Utd/Newcastle game tomorrow. I've got a little routine now before each match in order to work out what markets i am going to trade on in-play, goes a little like this:
1) Head to head results
2) Recent results (depending on opposition this can be a eye opener)
3) Current betting odds
At the moment i am liking laying the draw, especially as it is the start to the season, teams want to prove themselves and this can lead to mistakes, and mistakes can lead to goals :) (just like Reina showed today!)

That's me for now, Oh on the PGA i managed to make a profit of £10 trading out all positions in play as Jason Day managed to have a cracking start, but i assumed that he couldn't stick it with the bigger boys so i traded out. Have just seen that its gone into a playoff but there is some issue with someone being disqualified! Looking forward to finding out whats going on!
Good trading people. Hope this week serves you well!
Current Bank: £64 (just waiting for the golf to finish to cash in from that)

(Tip of the day: if you are just gathering info on trading, i strongly recommend that you just throw yourself in to trading. Start off with small stakes and just learn from your mistakes. I'm still on a steep learning curve but i see it just like learning to swim. If you don't get in the water you will never know if you can do it. Good luck)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve,

    Done that for you mate. Look forward to having a read of yours. Getting into football trading now for the new season, loving it!
    Look forward to reading about your good times! (and lesser bad times!)

    Kieran

    ReplyDelete