Saturday 11 September 2010

Learning every wee step!

Its been a few days people. Have been busy graduating and shizzle my life this week has involved a few of the following: graduated, had a few to many, got a job, left the job half way through, stole a crate of wine from the job i left (because he started swearing at me for no reason whatsoever so just walked out and picked up a crate on the way out for "compensation"). Anyway enough of that i guess!

Trading
Last time i posted i was on £276. I withdrew £176 as i treated myself to a few to many drinks and a few bits and bobs. So my bank then sat at £100.
I had about 4 days off from trading and went back at it on a US Open match, can't remember which one. However i got to cock sure of myself and used stakes of £80, having never used that high for tennis. I was inevitably taught a lesson and ended up losing my £100 in a matter of minutes. I was stunned. All the rules i had applied and used to make my lovely profit, had just been thrown out the window. It was a kick in the teeth!
However, since then i have been more rigid to my rules making sure I'm trading not gambling! And this paid off dividends! Managed to make £122.82 in one race at Bath on the 9th. I quickly withdrew this profit to make up for the £100 i had previously lost. My bank currently sits at £60. And i have slowly been building up to £100 from £50 and then withdrawing £50.
But, from now i think i am going to compile my profits and keep building my bank. As i am getting more confident using high stakes on pre horse trading. So will keep you posted on that.

Football:
Going to try and trade one game tomorrow. Birmingham V's Liverpool.
I've done quite a bit of stat collecting and have noted that the last six premier league matches between these two has ended in six draws. Tomorrow I'm going to have a crack at the CS market. Going to go for the 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 approach. I'm going to ride this out for the first 20mins and hopefully cash out with a nice profit. However, i will be watching the game so if either team starts off rapid i won't be afraid to scratch the trade.

On a side note had a happy day on the St.Ledger today. Layed Rewilding on the first corner, personally didn't fancy him on the day. Also managed to make a good profit on Corsica. Backed him at 70/1 for £50 and traded out at 27/1 for greened up profit of around £80. Knew Corsica would be a rapid pacemaker but I've seen him run a few times and thought he would go close and would definitely stay.

Have been trying to trade the golf but have only had a chance to trade the first day. Currently have £90 sitting on Tiger. So basically I'm pissing in the wind! But will hopefully be able to trade on it tomorrow.

Anyhow that's it for now!
Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Good trade!

    I had one of those stupidity days today - Bank has taken a definite hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlucky mate they do come those days.
    Just make sure you learn something from the day and take it into the next.
    Patience is key.
    Look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete