Thursday 2 September 2010

Well on track!


Today: £54.50    New Bank: £174.69

What a day! Managed to squeeze every last drop out of today. Well on track to my wee goal! Patience is the key!
Was using a varied amount of stakes today depending on the odds of each horse and how i felt the trade was looking. Mainly it was like this: Odds
ODDS    :    STAKE
0 > 2.5   = £80-100
2.5 > 4   = £50-60
4 > 6      = £30-50
 6 >        =£10-30

They're the stakes i currently feel comfortable. I try to stick with these stakes as much as i can in order to try to stay disciplined.
Another new thing i have started doing, to ensure that i don't go in-play, is to move directly to the next race market before the last 10 seconds of the race i am trading on. This has greatly helped me as there is always a part of me when i make a small loss that wants to go in-play to try and recoup my losses (which you all know, unless you trade in the in-play markets, ends in misery!)
Am currently trading on the US Open, layed Sharapova @ 1.1 for £100, saw her last game she looked shocking so thought i could get a few ticks out of it. Backed her @ 1.18  in her first game, when she was down 15-30. Got out and greened up for around a £7 profit. Closing the market now so that i don't go and lose that profit! So that will help my bank out nicely. May trade a few more games before i go bed. Maybe on Nadals match but not sure at the moment.

Looking to trade on the Irish game tomorrow. There playing Armenia away. Being Irish I've experience all the heartbreak! Ireland usually start of slow in away matches especially to random fooking teams (excuse me my Armenian brothers!). The over 2.5 goals market is currently 2.46. So my plan at the minute is to back 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 and ride them for 15-20mins depending on what we are looking like and also will back the over 2.5 goals market to cover myself. Hope all goes well! Will update you tomorrow.

Have downloaded some e-books on trading, currently reading the way of the turtle. Good wee read so far! If anyone knows any other good books please let me know, will appreciate it!

Anywho I'm off
Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. I've added you to my blog list and good luck with the trading.
    Nice result today I layed 0-0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr B (mysterious name!)
    ooo layed 0-0 did you stick to it till the goal was scored? i probably would have bottled it 50mins in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stayed in for the full 90 mins as I expected a goal in the game.

    ReplyDelete